Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Words From The Blogger: Missing In Action

Okay I have been away for quite a while, so instead of the usual round up of films I've seen in between blog posts (because at this stage I haven't kept track but the number of which would be quite high), I will give a brief recap of what I've been up to. Even thought I'm more than likely the only person reading this blog, but I may as well, for those who somehow comes across this site.

Along with the usual hospital appointments and work commitments, I have had four trips to the dentist, of which the end result was a root canal done on my back tooth. I have also been to France for a week to attend the Hellfest music festival, which I needed a lot of time to recover afterwards. Not to mention that my home country has been experiencing an unexpected heatwave the past few weeks, as opposed to the odd weekend when the rain is a little bit warmer than usual.

Must check out Spring Breakers when it comes out on Blu-Ray
.....what? I heard it's a really good movie.....

On top of that, my personal life has become time consuming, but in a good way. Hence why I have not been able to come up with an article a week lately. So in an effort not to turn this blog into one of the many inactive ones on the internet, I am toying with the idea of providing an article every fortnight as opposed to weekly. But in order to get me back into the habit of writing, I may explore other ideas for articles.

In the meantime, I will keep things simple and just do the "double bill" style of article, as I find these much easier than articles dedicated to one film. I was in the process of posting an article a fortnight ago, but I later experienced a lot of pain with my back tooth, which lead to the aforementioned root canal. The choice of films I had are no longer on the American Netflix, as I watched them before they were removed.

Speaking of Netflix, I am currently unable to access the American version at this time. Whether it is a widespread issue in the UK, system updates by Sony or Netflix themselves, or if I'm finally blocked after all this time, I do not know. While I shouldn't be surprised by this unfortunate event and appreciate the fact that I have accessed it for this long, it still sucks. Especially when the UK version leaves a lot to be desired.

And on a final note.....


During my absence I have seen Man Of Steel in the cinema, which has to be one of the most disappointing films I've seen this year. And with the news of Batman showing up in the sequel; I will forgive Zack Snyder and David S. Goyer for Man Of Steel, as long as they don't F**K this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...