Thursday, November 08, 2012

Welcome Note

Ladies and gentlemen, let me welcome you to the first proper post of the Raven Cassidey Movie Blog. To quickly explain what I mean by "proper", at time of writing, I had the bright idea to create a blog that is based on quite possibly my main interest in life: films. A couple of months ago, I started a blog during a period of boredom, where I wanted to get back into writing, creative, journalistic or whatever. So I posted the odd blog entry here or there, testing the waters a bit.

At the beginning of October, I had the bright idea to watch a movie everyday from the "horror" genre, in the lead up to Halloween, and write about it afterwards. At time of writing, I am taking a break from transferring the HTML codes of my previous entries, so depending on when you read this, look through the links in the "October 2012" section on this blog, or view them as they appeared on the other.

To sum it up, providing a post a day proved to be an exhausting challenge, and thought me a lesson that, if I was to make scheduled blog posts, I'd better do them in advance. But at the same time, I found myself having a lot of fun creating them, even if nobody else was going to read them. Hence the idea for this blog.



I'm not sure what type of movies I'll be posting up here, but considering I've had fun writing about horror movies, I'll probably stick to those that are in that field, with hints of action, comedy, bizarre and downright crap. I did make an effort to write about the the early Batman films, and the last one, not to mention an analysis of one of the worst movies I've seen this year, Cosmopolis. Not to mention the "Halloween Countdown" of 2012 (see links for the month of October on the right hand side).

At first, I chose not to include them here, as I felt they were just me testing the waters, in terms of blogging about film. But in the end, I decided to repost them here, just for added content, and to see how my writing style has progressed/regressed.

Granted I have a long way to go before I can perfect my blogging skills, but I'm trying to find my own voice, instead of just making a long, boring ass review about how much I like or hate something. I tend to open these blog posts with something of a personal nature, like a diary piece, before I begin with the article itself. There are times that I will include spoilers, but I try to avoid them if possible, depending on the review itself.

As for the title "Raven Cassidey", my reasons are, well, pretty simple, if a little stupid. I couldn't think of a clever title that would reflect the content of this blog. So I just picked two characters, real and fictional, that I admire, and combined the two of them. If you look at the first sentence of this piece, and click on each name, you will see a picture of professional wrestler Raven, and Cassidy from the "Preacher" graphic novels.

Unfortunately, the web domain ravencassidy.blogspot.com was already taken. Hence why there's the added "e" in the "Cassidey". But I'm okay with that. While messing around on Google, the first Wikipedia page to appear in the results when I type in "Cassidy" was this, while the alternate spelling, "Cassidey", came up with this result.

Well, that's good enough for me.

Warning: as a bloke I will more than likely find any
excuse to post up gratuitous shots of women.

And on a final note.....


I'm sure to mess around with the layout of this blog over the next few weeks, to settle on a look that I'm happy with. But what I'm keeping from my other blog is this section at the end of each entry. This is where I will post a video from YouTube, whether it be related to the preceding article or not. For example, I talked about Raven, so I'm gonna post up his entrance theme in TNA. Think of it as the "end credits" of the article.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...