Saturday, February 16, 2013

Words From The Blogger: 2013

It has been close to three months since I have updated this blog, and before I get into the swing of things, I will do my usual introduction where I talk about what's going on in my life at time of writing. Because of the considerable amount of time between updates, and the fact that we're well into the year 2013, I will try to keep this short.



Without going into too much detail, the period leading up to December up to Valentines Day is that time of year where my motivation is at its lowest every year. Since the last time I posted an article, I also had a mini holiday to coincide with my birthday, survive Xmas and New Years, and start making plans at another attempt to temporarily move away from my country of residence.

I had mentioned in my previous articles about how busy I was at work, and my ongoing health problems. Both of these also came into play, what with a heavy workload during the holiday period, and with my health issues taking a small turn for the worse. Not only do these elements distracted me from this fledgling blog, but also with my reignited passion for creative writing, which once again created a "writer's block", of sorts.

As with the Halloween period last year, I will use this blog to get back into the habit of writing in some shape or form. Looking back at my work from last year, not only am I trying to pick up from where I left off, I am hoping my future output will improve through experience.


And to those who were wondering about my future blog entry ideas, I will give an idea as to when, or if, they will appear in the future:

Halloween 1 & 2 (directed by Rob Zombie): I started with the first three Zombie films during the month of November (check the links over to the right hand side), with the intention of covering these two films before I headed to Amsterdam to watch his show over there. It was during mid-November where I began to lose motivation, hence this will most likely be put forward to the month of October where I may again do another Halloween Countdown. Only this time I will write the articles in advance as keeping up with an article a day was taxing, to say the least.

Santa's Slay: this was going to be one of the films featured in another countdown I had in mind, which was "The 12 Films Of Xmas", where I would pick select films, along with others I'd never seen before. This was meant to fall into the latter category, and I even watched it last year. But again, I wasn't in the humour of writing anything. Hopefully I will come back to this theme this December, life notwithstanding.

Punisher: War Zone: I had an idea to cover the other films featuring the Punisher, where I would also watch the extended cut of the 2004 flick. Only problem is, it's not available over here, so I may need to order it, even if it will be a Region 1 DVD that I could only acquire. Not to mention I haven't seen the Dolph Lundgren version since it was floating around on YouTube.

And on a final note.....


In the first proper blog entry of 2013, I will be writing about the following film. Oh it's gonna be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...